Originally, I created a thread on 2+2 forums to document my journey of building a bankroll by focusing on online microstakes cash games. I'll likely keep both of the threads updated as long as it’s convenient, but this specific thread begins after my recent purchase of RIO's - "From The Ground Up" (I'm about 5 episodes in, as of writing this). Special s/o to Carroters (I'm more than appreciative of your ability to communicate the concepts).
I'll try to keep this thread updated with hands, stories, graphs, and anything that I think will be interesting to share. I hope this thread allows me to better track my progress, establish better personal accountability, grow, and maybe even make a good read.
- I'm an American poker player focusing on NLHE cash games
- I have previous experience playing live $1/$2 full ring and online 5NL 6-max cash games (Semi-active for about two years).
- My favorite games are 6-Max cash and fast-fold
- Recently, I created a poker study group.
- I've only been to Vegas once. Unfortunately, Dayan and I didn't play any poker. However I did make my first attempts to study poker via Ivey League (This is likely where I mustered up the real determination to give this thing a go). Hopefully there will be some Vegas stories in future updates to this thread.
SHORT TERM GOALS
- Consistently balance poker with all other aspects of my life (personal, family, social, and work).
- Develop a consistent and comfortable routine to manage studying and playing (Study and play each for 2 hours a day minimum)
LONG TERM GOALS
- I'd like to be regularly playing 100NL a year after beginning this thread
- Build a bankroll of $10k
- Become a a sponsored poker player/ brand ambassador
- Enjoy poker as a life-long hustle and recreational activity
- Make my family proud
Here's a graph @ about 2.5k hands playing $0.10/$0.20 cash games: