Hey guys, Im starting this journal because I recently been reading through Freenachos, sauloCosta, and Max Lacerda's journals and have gain great information, and inspiration so maybe ill be able to give someone else that feeling one day with this journal. Also i think the biggest missing pieces of my process right now are community and coaching(private coaching or a CFP). So hopefully this helps with the community side.
Heres the bullet points of my poker history:
- Started playing poker around the poker boom when i was 13 in 5$ SNG's with friends.
- got on stars as soon as i was legal age and spent the next 5 years grinding 2nl and 5nl zoom mindlessly. (makes me sick just to type it)
- in 2017 learned spectrum of hands theory and FINALLY had some kind of framework for decision making. I was able to move up to 25nl but was still grinding 4 tables of zoom on auto pilot for 1 or 2bb/100.
- in 2018 i got very discouraged that i didnt meet my arbitrary goals and quit poker.
At the end of August 2022 I started playing again. Im in Ontario, Canada which has become a closed poker market. I started to play on Partypoker which only offers 10nl, 50nl, 200nl, 1knl, etc. So when i started playing 10nl i immediately noticed how soft the games were seeing as everyone who would have played 2nl or 5nl was pushed up to 10nl and games are just softer in small markets. With the help of the great coaches here at RIO, GTOWizard, GTO+, and slowing my volume to a snails pace I have been able to move up to 200nl.
During these last 6 months i've realized how terrible my mental game has been. I didn't realize tilt can last weeks or months or longer. I thought when i went to bed and woke up not feeling emotional anymore that the tilt was gone. This is clearly not true. I've put a lot of effort into getting better in this area, im better than i've ever been before but of course its an everyday struggle. I will make future posts about this.
- I will update this blog weekly, however the next 2 weeks i will be travelling through Vietnam so i will start the following week. I just dont want to wait 3 weeks to post this so ill just do one now and start again after my travel.
- I've played a tiny amount of volume but im very happy with the win rates and the development of my game. Now its time to pick up the volume just a little so i will be playing 4 reg tables(sometimes 5 if im feeling particularly good) instead of the 2 like I have been doing.
- When im back from travel I will have 4 or 5 hours a day for poker. Im not sure how i should split this between study and play but ill figure it out.
- The biggest part of my study will be using GTO+ or Deepsolver to create simple strategies that i can execute at near 100% accuracy(definitely watch FreeNachos videos if you haven't). This is something i've already done for a few flops BTN v BB SRP but i got a LOT more work to do. And im so fuckin fired up to get going on it.
GL at the tables!
FYI the title of the journal is a reference to something Muhammad Ali said in his pre fight press conference with George Foreman. If you wanna get fired up heres a great video with some of the context around that fight :D.