I want to ask everyone here what they think the best poker site is to play at either for tournament or cash game players. And to give some things that are important for a site to have.
I play cash games and the most important things to me are:
1. Fair games (no bots, user friendly polices, good and fast customer service)
2. Rake / Rakeback (small net rake)
3. Option to set game, Buy-in, and stop loss limits!
6. Hand Histories (ability to import HH to a tracker to track your progress)
So I played at Pokerstars, PartyPoker, William Hill and Run it Once Poker. From all of these Run it Once is the best for me but the traffic isn't good for NL. I find the option to set your buy in limits and stop loss limits very important, and that is a must have for me. So for me Run it Once Poker is the best place to play when there is enough traffic because it checks all of the above mentioned points just at times suffers from low traffic.
I wonder what your thoughts are, where do you like to play (tournaments or cash), and what are the most important reasons are why you are playing there.
Feb. 13, 2020 | 1:42 p.m.
- Phil will take a brake from the challange for the rest of the month.
- In that time he will make a decision if he will continue to play VeniVidi from March 1. or he will buy out vs Veni and continue with another challange.
- They had in plan to play 6 more sessions this month, and with this brake Phil will pay to Veni 3000€ per day not played.
Phils Twitter Post:
Feb. 12, 2020 | 9:41 a.m.
I don't think that he thinks its clear that he will lose way more... Don't know what he thinks now, after this session, but obviously he is running really really bad despite of the edge that either player may have. Im sure that they play for real money and I wish him all the best in this challenge and all upcoming ones, coz he is trying to do amazing things in this industry and deserves way more support and respect, both regarding this challenge and his RIO Poker site!
Feb. 7, 2020 | 9:53 p.m.
So I finished this month of playing and I have played around 20K hands but at his moment I don't have a tracker (and RIO P has temporary disabled it) so I don't have any stats for this update, but in the coming months I hope I could put some money from poker aside to buy HM3 (already have HM2 so the upgrade will cost me 45$ instead of 60)
This month as a whole was below my expectations! In the first 70% of the month I was running good, and when my first downswing came I didn't handled it well. I would say I handled it bad!
- I was looking too too much at my bankroll status, instead of being focused on my game,
- I played to chaise the losses many times and that resulted by more losses,
- My focus was not good
- I lost too much money playing "Head's up" with a 300bb deep stack, and loosed the whole stak... and that exact same situation with around the same stacks happened 3 times!
I took a 7 days time out after a 15 BI downswing, because I started tilting very quick and needed to give my self some time off from Poker.
Even after this period of me playing Poker very bad I managed to earn 11€ from the last update, due to the great Rake Back at RIO Poker, and due to being able to set my costume buy in limits and stop loss limits!
How did I do in the last month goals:
- to play as good as I can, without auto-piloting, making unnecessary calls, and making fancy plays! FAIL
- Finish the month with over 20 000 hands played. COMPLETED
- Study "From the ground up" and take notes and finish half of the course. WATCHED AND NOTED 13 VIDEOS
Goals for February:
- Playing without any distractions
- Not looking at cashier while playing
- Play at least 15 000 hands in February
- Post two times
- Keep learning from the FTGU course
Current Bankroll: 281€
Feb. 2, 2020 | 7 p.m.
I tried to use it but didnt figured out how to import hands properly.
I used HM3 free trail (14 days) and next is PT4 free trail (30 days), there is also Pokeit with a monthly subscription of 5$ for NL Holdem only. That are all options for importing RIO HH at this moment.
Jan. 15, 2020 | 12:48 p.m.
If you lost your roll and wana give it another shoot I recommend you to come to RIO Poker, and if u have problems with tilt or BRM, RIO is greate coz you can set your buy in limits and a stop loss limit!
And the promotions are amazing, they are basically giving all rake back...
If you never played on RIO Poker you will get 3 months of essential sub and From the ground up course and 75-100+% rakeback!
Jan. 8, 2020 | 11:21 a.m.
So I've finished the 14 days HM3 free trail and I'm posting my results from the last 12 day I played on RIO Poker. (I started before I made this whole post)
So, until today (today's stats aren't here coz RIO Poker HH are downloadable after 24h) I was running really good- greate I would say, as you can see from the graph, I won every cointflip.
But I don't think I played very good, I made many stupid pre flop calls, didn't stick to my ranges (when I should have), didn't have a greate 3 bet plan... but because of the results, and the fact that I cached some aggressive bluffs, I gained some false confidence witch led to my today's 5BI downswing where I was calling some hands I know I was loosing in most cases but I was holding i.e. KK and made the call.
And that's my biggest problem, Im struggling to fold some hands and am often calling in -EV spots.
The From the ground up course is an excellent refresher for me, coz I didn't learn Poker in a year or so, and I find it really helpful. I have my Poker notebook where I'm writing notes from every lesson, and I will keep it up till the end.
My goals till the end of the month are:
1. to play as good as I can, without auto-piloting, making unnecessary calls, and making fancy plays!
2. Finish the month with over 20 000 hands played.
3. Study "From the ground up" and take notes and finish half of the course.
I will download PT4 30 day free trail so I can post my results from January and February and try to put some money a side for HM3.
Talk to you at the end of the month.
Current bankroll: 270 €