Welcome to my journey to develop my game to beat NL100 on Zoom in 2022.
Some notes on my background:
- male, late 30s
- Corporate career traveling around the globe (London, Miami, New York, currently based in Zurich)
- Well on the way to financial independence in 3-4 years
- Love the game
- Develop a hobby and distract from corporate topics which are always in the back of my mind
- Get input from experienced players
- Share results (accountability) and develop a strong mental game
- Build connections to successful grinders
- Fan of twitch.tv/Ceegee87
- My background as a Project Manager forces me to develop a structured approach (see below)
- Get input from the community on how to study efficiently
- I might start grinding NL100 Zoom while studying, probably already being a small winner if I play my A-Game (which is not often the case)
- I build an Excel / VBA tool ("GTO Ranges and Flop frequencies") to support the study process (see below) which I will use next to GTO wizard to visualize my ranges and the GTO ranges of Villain and the frequencies on certain board structures
This is the tool I developed in Excel with all the GTO ranges from GTO wizard and the different frequencies on certain board textures.
The next step is to develop a study concept which is probably one of the most important pillars. I will grind the RIO videos on this topic and hope I get some input from the community as well. My next post will cover this subject.
Jan. 24, 2022 | 7:06 a.m.
Hello everyone, I'm currently training with GTO wizard and there is one topic I'm really can't get my head around and come up with a concept that works in most situations.
--> Betsizing OTF, OTT, OTR in SRP and 3bet pots.
I created an excel sheet with all the different lines like shown below and tried to apply the concepts from different videos and establish the betsizes on different board runouts but as explained above, I don't have a concept yet which applies the correct bet sizings in 90%+ of the cases.
B-B-B (blank OTT, blank OTR)
B-B-B (blank OTT, draws arrive OTR)
B-B-B (draws arrive OTT, blank OTR)
Could you recommend some content that covers the concepts which apply or provide some context on how to approach this topic? I have obviously seen quite a few videos but I feel like I haven't seen a comprehensive overview but maybe that's just me.
Thanks for any help in advance.
Jan. 11, 2022 | 7:12 a.m.
I currently starting to create a gameplan and I wonder if there are some sources for decent NL100+ preflop ranges, especially 3bet and callvs3bet every position against evey position which I could use to have a solid foundation at the beginning.
Any advises are appreciated.