notanumber12345's avatar


1 points

Live spot, looking for a sanity check. I'd been playing with villian for ~2 hours at the time of this hand, he'd been playing fairly tight and straight-forward as far as I could tell. Any thoughts on this hand, specifically whether I should be 1) value raising flop or turn 2) leading the river 3) if he jams the river how low in our made hand range can we be calling?

Dealt TT in UTG+1, Raise to 11
Villian in HJ (~$550, 180bb effective stacks) flats along with three more players.

Flop JT8rainbow (Pot ~$55)
Check to us, cbet 35, villian raises to 110, 3 folds, call

Turn 8d (adds a flush draw to the board, Pot ~$275)
Check, villian bets 150, call

River Ao (Pot ~$575)
Check, check

Flop raise with three players behind from this villian is rarely a bluff but possible. I felt that worse than two pair probably folds to a flop 3bet, and blocking a lot of two pair combos we aren't ahead enough of his get it in range to 3bet. I think his range likely looks something like:

{AQs, AQo, KQs, KQo, 99, J9s, T9s, 98s} for non-made hands, all discounted some % by the read that this player is likely value heavy given the action.
{QQ, JJ, 88, AJs, AJo, JTs, JTo, T8s, 97s, Q9s} for made hands, discount AJ since I don't think he always raises in this spot, discount the one-gapers some % since I don't know if he flats MP preflop, discount most of the Q9s since I doubt that's a flat preflop.

Turn barrel seems like a must call given how high in our range we are, and similar to the flop, I don't think a c/jam is good against the range he calls it off with.

River I'm not sure if a value lead/block bet is ever good, b/c, x/c, lead felt like a weird line. He checked back live, but if he jammed the remaining 93bb, I'm guessing we have to call it off this high in our range. Is 97s a x/f? What about 98s?

March 4, 2017 | 5:02 a.m.

Curious if there's merit to flatting AKs pre? It should play fine 3ways if the BB calls, and if he squeezes, backraise or flat both seem reasonable depending on his frequency&range.

As played, seems like getting value from AQ/AJs/sticky pairs will be way more important than catching the rare bluff from...67s? I'd jam.

Aug. 22, 2014 | 8:42 p.m.

Comment | notanumber12345 commented on Beating 'GTO'?

If you mean they pick the top 5% for value, and then for any other hand in the remaining 95% they 3bet 1/20 (5%) of the time...I'd imagine you exploit that by flatting wider. Since their bluff range is presumably weaker than a standard bluff range that just consists of a select 5% of hands, there should be more hands that can profitably call against that range (and then you can add hands you were folding before to your 4bet bluff range to maintain w/e 4bet% you were at before).

Oct. 23, 2013 | 11:55 p.m.

Comment | notanumber12345 commented on Beating 'GTO'?

If they are truly gto, no strategy you choose will reduce their EV...

Oct. 23, 2013 | 8:12 p.m.

Load more uses cookies to give you the best experience. Learn more about our Cookie Policy